Conduit Adapters

you can use 2 locknuts and a female bush on the threaded conduit.
Seriously though...

Is that a lock-nut each side of the box KO, and a bush to tidy up the end of the conduit?

Wouldn't just the bush do on the inside?

And not that it has anything to do with box entries, but has anybody ever used these?:

Sponsored Links
the female bush inside has a lip so it doesn't screw all the way down..
if you use the factory ends then they are too long so you'd have to cut them down.
plus the diameter of the female bush isn't much more than th conduit these days so if you've got generous knockouts ( or a wobbly cutter ) then it might pull through, a locknut allows for more play.. ( I always use a 19mm cutter when making my own holes.. )

never used one of those, what are they for? presumably for inside steel conduit? that's what files and de-burrers are for.

the female bush inside has a lip so it doesn't screw all the way down..
It would screw down tight, and then the locknut on the outside would draw it and the conduit up tight against the box.

if you use the factory ends then they are too long so you'd have to cut them down.
Or just have some thread showing on the outside.

plus the diameter of the female bush isn't much more than th conduit these days so if you've got generous knockouts ( or a wobbly cutter ) then it might pull through, a locknut allows for more play..
Fair point, well made.

never used one of those, what are they for? presumably for inside steel conduit? that's what files and de-burrers are for.
Presumably it's a lot quicker to just pop one of those in. If time is money...

I'm sure that the customer will love having threads exposed... looks rough as a badgers arse. not to mention that they then need painting to prevent rust ( unless using stainless oc. )

as for the bush.. It would have to be a cost analysis..

so many pennies to buy one of those vs something that is second nature to the sparky and takes about 10-20 seconds to do, only slightly longer than it would take to pick up and fit one of those.

you have to file the outside to get the dies on, and the inside to remove any serious burrs anyway

I think that those are for the flexible / pliable kopex stuff anyway rather than regular galv / BE conduit..

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that the customer will love having threads exposed... looks rough as a badgers a**e. not to mention that they then need painting to prevent rust ( unless using stainless oc. )
Guess so.

Wouldn't fancy cutting a thread on stainless.

Those inserts are sold for pliable, but could be used on rigid steel. As for filing the ends anyway, I was thinking of conduit buried in walls for cable drops from the ceiling, where at the top there would be just conduit emerging into the void - no fitting on the end, just a need to avoid chafing. They used to make rubber boots for that purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back