Conduit bender?

Sponsored Links
Unless you're desperate, just keep looking on ebay, and be prepared to travel for a collect only item.

I got mine from ebay a good few years ago, and whilst it was an hour and a half away, I paid under a hundered quid for a record vice and bender.

Try a few different searches too such as "conduit bender" "20mm pipe bender" "vice and bender" "steel conduit" "electrical conduit" as a slightly wrongly titled item can slip under the radar of most people, and those with saved searches, and leave you with a real bargain.

Price might be tempting, but is it any good?
Impossible to know without actually seeing one in person.

Probably not a good idea to buy from a website which only has a mobile phone number as the method of contact.

Sponsored Links
As with everything in life, you get what you pay for.

I'd be sceptical of a machine costing a third of the price yet claiming to be as good as the well known brands such as hilmore and record.

Keep a look out on eBay and also bidspotter / harrisons / eddisons who auction off bankrupt company assets for a genuine second hand machine.

Going by the description it says it is for conduit, I did the same as Rob and got one cheap off eBay, it had to travel to pick it up.

Thanks for all your replys
I think I will keep an eye on ebay and hopefully grab a bargain.
Unusual search terms are a good idea, thanks.
Unfortunately all seem to be a long way from me, luck of the draw I guess! Other option is Dad's company uses a lot of couriers every day so may be able to get a collection for a good price.. If the seller will oblige!

[/b]

Gumtree isn't very popular in my area, so ebay is the way I guess.

Bit gutted as was watching a hilmor one today, but forgot all about it. Sold for £70 looked like new, and seller was happy for courier collection! :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back