Confused about how to get a decent shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved house and current set up is an electric shower with a hot water cylinder (oldish so not as big as the newer ones you get these days in new houses) and about a 50" square cold water tank sitting above it.

The electric shower is a Mira Sport, and doesnt have a great flow of water. We would like a more powerful shower.

What I would like to know is, in order to have a more powerful shower such as a mixer what would we need to do?

I have been advised that we need to move the header tank into the loft and get a pump.

Now to cut a long story short! Our loft hatch is tiny, we are in the process of getting it made larger having been told that in ordewr to have a decent shower we would need a 50 gallon tank, but a new tank would be bigger than the biggest loft hatch available, which leads us on to our 2nd problem of how would we get a bigger header tank in the loft - do we need a bigger cold water tank?

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE

Sponsored Links
I have recently been to 2 flats that have your current set up. These dwellings were occupied by pensioners, they did not have baths, only shower cubicles. They employed a plumber to fit a pump to the hot water system and it works. Bear in mind low hot water usage (no bath) and all hot water outlets were pumped.
I know it is not as per MI's,but food for thought
And pump was noisey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back