Confused with Shops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, please please can you advise me. I have been to various shops and every one of them baffle me with info over load. I can never seem to get the same answer twice. Here goes.
I have a £1000 to spend on a carpet + underlay + 4 door bars + gripper + fitting.
For a top landing & stairs which are small-ish, Carpet-Right said 13 square meters.
I want a plush deep but hard wearing carpet, whats the best mix carpet i need for stairs+landing.
Underlay oh my what one, again plush but must be hard wearing because its stairs.
I know this isn't a vast amount of money but its taken me 2 years to save it, so i really do have to get it right. One that will last and give me that little bit of luxury.
So many to chose from and the shops don't seem to take into account that it takes major traffic, they want to sell the most expensive regardless of needs. I know that the thickest isnt right because of the pile but what is!!.

Sorry if you have had this question before but please advise me.

Thank you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back