Congratulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boris Johnson has reportedly married Carrie Symonds today at Westminster Cathedral in a ceremony planned in strict secrecy, according to newspapers.

The pair are said to have exchanged vows in front of a small group of close friends and family, the Mail on Sunday and The Sun newspaper have reported.

I'm guessing Dom wasn't Best Man.

Sponsored Links
thats good news at least his wife now has the divorce courts to support her when ever the lying womaniser eye wanders again as it probably will :rolleyes:

Isn't Westminster a Catholic Cathederal.

I'm not sure, I've only ever concerned myself about where the receptions being held, is it a free bar, and if not, why not, and what are the bar prices like. Vinty, weddings are about getting p155ed, not religion.(y)

Sponsored Links
'King Clown'..

Now we have a carrie (let them go to food banks) 'antoinette'...

Glasses raised to the future happy 'ending'!

I wonder what it's like being married to an abject liar.

Let’s hope Johnson paid for said wedding

or there will be another enquiry :)
And Boris's newly appointed standards advisor will clear him of any fiddling. :rolleyes:

But I see Boris is trying to re-launch his bridge idea, only he's calling it a ship this time.
A new national flagship is to be commissioned by the government in a bid to boost British trade and industry globally, the prime minister has said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57293882
If the Royal Yacht Britannia cost £2,000,000 in 1953, that would be about £20,000,000 by today's value.
£200,000,000 has been estimated for the new UK flagship. Obviously some cronies will be getting all the work. UK will get a ship worth £20,000,000, and some government advisors will walk away with a large fortune.

Last edited:
And Boris's newly appointed standards advisor will clear him of any fiddling. :rolleyes:

But I see Boris is trying to re-launch his bridge idea, only he's calling it a ship this time.
A new national flagship is to be commissioned by the government in a bid to boost British trade and industry globally, the prime minister has said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57293882
If the Royal Yacht Britannia cost £2,000,000 in 1953, that would be about £20,000,000 by today's value.
£200,000,000 has been estimated for the new UK flagship. Obviously some cronies will be getting all the work. UK will get a ship worth £20,000,000, and some government advisors will walk away with a large fortune.

Building a yacht to today's standards costs a lot more than 20 million, you need to remember safety standards and technology has moved on a lot since 1953 and a lot of what was fitted back then wouldn't adhere to today's safety standards, most things were also primitive in there technology and primitive is often cheap.

The £200 million budget is probably about right.

I was part of a refit of a 1967 yacht we reused the engines (overhauled) with everything else updated, the refit cost £60 million. There is no way that would have cost that (equivalent of) back in 67

I was part of a refit of a 1967 yacht we reused the engines (overhauled) with everything else updated, the refit cost £60 million. There is no way that would have cost that (equivalent of) back in 67
About 15 years ago, me and a mate blagged a trip to the engine room of a ship when we were with our wives on a Med cruise. They were overhauling one of the four V8 Diesel engines at the time. New cylinders, pistons and cylinder heads. The cylinder head for each cylinder weighed more than a family car and the valves were nearly as tall as my leg. I didn’t know it but on all these big ships, the engines only produce electric and the propellers are driven by an electric motor. Anyway, this is what you call a piston ring!

D67A50ED-2E12-44D0-B725-CB4092831D4D.jpeg

Last edited:
Who's going to choose the wallpaper for Boris McBoatface?

Sponsored Links
Back