connecting a generator

How long is the leki off for?

I use 2 old UPS's which used to power our servers at work until they threw them out. They came in very usefull in a power cut last winter I just charge them every so oftern to keep them topped up. They will only power lights but thats all I need really because we have Gas fires to keep warm with and a deck of cards for entertainment.

I use a small extension cable with a socket on to power energy saving lamps.

Got some funny looks when I was the only house in the power cut with his xmas lights still on........

Sponsored Links
It isn't worth the expense, given how little of the house the generator will be able to supply...

Sponsored Links
if you just want lights to be on during the power cuts, a couple of UPS's wired to the lighting circuits would work great (standard PC ones will do fine). Then when the power goes off, turn all the lights except 1 or 2 off (preferably 11w energy savers) and they should last a couple of hours, depending on the battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back