Connecting a Mira Event Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am installing a Mira Event, thermostatic power shower.
To connect to the D.H.W, it needs a connection from the DHW tank to the warming pipe which should be at an angle of 30/60 deg's. My DHW to warming pipe is at 90deg's, which the instructions say would be an incorrect supply. Do i need to alter the pipe from the DHW to the warming pipe to 30/60degs?
Any help gratefully recieved!

Sponsored Links
It is just to prevent an air lock damaging the shower pump...I always fit them to manufacturer's instructions it keeps the warranty up.

Why would the tank be fitted with a 90deg outlet to the warmer in the first place then, surely if it aids air dissipation, then that should be the minimum standard?, or was this a British Gas short cut?

Sponsored Links
I'm presuming it's vent pipe...would that also be known as warning pipe?

yea, thats out of the Mira Instruction book! Sounded like an "old term" for a vent pipe, and that I knew what i was talking about. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back