Connecting a Thermostatic Shower Bar

EdF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermostatic shower fitting and I have the h& c feeds already installed 150mm apart in the wall behind the tiling. The 'bar' has 3/4" BSP female connections (I have two of different makes and both are the same), but what do I use to connect them to the 15mm copper? I can't find any mention of what to use in the instructions (it just says 'connect them...' - not much use). The connections look as if they should use rubber or fibre washers, but I can't find the correct fittings to use. Can anyone help, please, as there doesn't seem to be a suitable 15mm or 22mm fitting to convert from the copper.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You should of got a set of dog leg fittings with the bar mixer.
DEVA-RLE36CP_view.png

But as you already have the pipes installed you'll need a set of these.
jaa10974.png

prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

Both the same but different makes.

Thanks for the speedy replies.. Don't need the doglegs as the h&c supply pipes are 150mm apart, they are for distances greater or lesser than 150mm.. Saw the brackets online but a bit wary as I'd have to drill four holes through the recently finished tiling, but I'll use them next time.. I've had to remove a section of plasterboard behind the shower cabinet (in the main bedroom) to access the pipes, so I think if I can get the 22mm to 3/4BSP connectors that would be best, although I'd have to find room in the partition wall for 22/15mm reducers...
Main problem was poor planning and knowledge, as it's a outbuilding conversion and I'd never done a 1st fix before.. I just left two 15mm pipes sticking out into the shower.. Tiler/bathroom installer tiled the shower, then pointed out my mistake.. doh!
Oops, sorry about the wrong forum, didn't notice electrics had come up when I searched for shower fitting; topic I found must have been for an electric shower..

Don't need the doglegs as the h&c supply pipes are 150mm apart, they are for distances greater or lesser than 150mm..

No they are not.
They are the proper fittings supplied with showers for greater or lesser or even 150mm.
Don't know who told you that.

Saw the brackets online but a bit wary as I'd have to drill four holes through the recently finished tiling,
Yes thats how they fix to the wall.

so I think if I can get the 22mm to 3/4BSP connectors that would be best, although I'd have to find room in the partition wall for 22/15mm reducers...
Do what ? who needs reducers your making a simple job hard.

Now tell me how you plan on installing the chrome shrouds on a MI fitting ?

Not convinced I've given you sound advice there - PTFE won't seal against the 'loose' 3/4" nuts on the mixer bar: washer would be needed. Can't quite picture the mixer connections... or the shrouds...

I defer entirely to seco.

The 2 3/4" nuts on the mixer will have 2 rubber washers like a flexi tap connector.
BUT the thread on the MI fitting is useally to short to fit the shrouds and the nuts so they are tight against the seals.

Hi The person who told me the offset pieces were for when the feed pipes are more or less than 150mm was the guy who wrote the instructions which came with it! I guess one can use them no matter where the supply comes in. My problems are over as today I found the plates and 15mm compression to 3/4"BSP adaptors and chrome finishers from my branch of PTS (Plumbing Trade Supplies) a branch of BSS. Only £17 plus VAT, a lot cheaper than some online stores. Made by Bristan. I can give a part number if anyone wants it. Not to hand right now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back