connecting a track light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to connect a track light to the last outlet of a loop-in lighting circuit? I've got the switch cable and the end of the circuit cable coming down from the ceiling. I've tried connecting the switch live feed to the fitting's live wire, and the neutral feed to the fitting's neutral wire but no joy. Help?

Sponsored Links
this is a strange one..any chance of a pic?
where are the loop in/out lives at?
no chance you've swapped round sitched live/neutral? :eek:

the live from the lighting cuircuit goes to the red core of the switch cable but does not connect to the light at all (you will often have to use chock block for this)
the neutral from the lighting cuircuit goes to the neutral of the fitting
the switched live (black core of the switch cable) goes to the live of the fitting

just re-read the post :oops:
as usual plugwash...you are spot on
I missed on half the relevant points the poster made :oops: again
sorry for confusing matters

Sponsored Links
You could mount a ceiling rose adjacent the live end of the track, to carry the looping cable connections, and then run a short flex to the track, if that is easier.

Thanks for that. Worked perfectly. Cheers.

plugwash said:
the live from the lighting cuircuit goes to the red core of the switch cable but does not connect to the light at all (you will often have to use chock block for this)
the neutral from the lighting cuircuit goes to the neutral of the fitting
the switched live (black core of the switch cable) goes to the live of the fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back