Connecting to a 3/8th fill valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer me a solution to my problem? I am trying to connect a 3/8" (european) threaded toilet fill valve to a 15mm copper feed pipe. It is side fill and currently I am trying to use a 3/8" x 1/2" bush which threads onto the thread of the fill valve which in turn threads onto an elbow which has a 15mm compression on the other end. The problem is unlike a tap connector, using the item above means as I thread the elbow onto the fill valve to full tightness the orientation to the 15mm pipe near to it is not correct which means loosening off the elbow to re-orientate it correctly in the direction of the 15mm pipe near to it but this then creates leaks. I think what I idealy need is the above but rather than 3/8 x 1/2 bush, a 3/8 tap connector on an elbow with a 15mm compression on the other end would I think do the trick. Does such an item exist?The 15mm copper fead pipe is very close to the thread of the fill valve and so I need an elbow fixing ideally. Can anybody offer me any much appreciated advise/solution to my predicament?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
1. Use Loctite 55 to seal the threads. It lets you back off up to 1/3 or 1/2 turn without leaking. OR
2. Use the bush you have. Use a 1/2" bent tap connector like BES 9033, and trim / extend the 15 mm pipe to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back