Connecting to existing drains and s106 application.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. For a house extension the water company want proof that a soakaway is not possible for surface water. I dont mind a soakaway so that doesnt bother me too much. But as for the other drainage does anyone know if that needs an s106 application or similar? Ive googled it and the different websites I found contradict each other. Cheers

Sponsored Links
s106 is for a new connection - ie a new drain where none is present, not a connection to an existing drain.

s106 is for a new connection - ie a new drain where none is present, not a connection to an existing drain.
I thought that. But when the water company put it in their email I thought I was missing something. That's good news thanks.
So does everyone these days use the plastic soakaway things or is hardcore with no fines still acceptable?

Hole lined with a geo-textile, then rubble.

Soak-away design is normally a building control concern not the water company's. Size and location may need to be proven - some inspectors ask for ground percolation tests to verify the size.

Sponsored Links
Hole lined with a geo-textile, then rubble.

Soak-away design is normally a building control concern not the water company's. Size and location may need to be proven - some inspectors ask for ground percolation tests to verify the size.
Thanks. The last time I did one I asked the inspector if he'd like to see it. Nah I'm sure it's fine, was the reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back