connecting up to underground waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting a washing machine into my garage but will need to put a new gully in for the waste i have a brick type inspection chanber between the house and the garage the problem is the flow in the IC is going towards the garage could i dig down and tee into the outlet after the IC

Sponsored Links
Its possible, use a bottle gulley so the pipework between gulley and existing sewer is accessible to rod should the need ever arise. Building Control should be notified though, may wish to inspect the pipes before you backfill.

It would help if you could post a plan view of the area in question, esp. where your main sewer line is located - typically, it's in the street.

All connections and changes in direction of a mains drainage should have an IC. Therefore you could "Y" into the main drain providing that you install an IC.

Do you have any gullies around the garage ( presumably, you have an existing water service to the garage) - where and how does the garage rainwater run-off?

Note where your main gas, elec. and water services run before any digging.

I will be putting a water supply in the garage using mdpe pipe which is quite straight forward just a lot off digging my only issue was the waste and connecting upto existing pipework or IC. The rainwater from the garage goes to a soakaway so cant go to that

Sponsored Links
Fair enough. The reason for the Q's and the plan view request, was that one can instantly see if a quicker, easier, and cheaper solution is available. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back