Connecting utilities to a mobile home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What prep work can I do to enable the utilities to be connected to a mobile home situated in the grounds of an existing house and about 30m from it. The plan was to connect Electric/Water/gas to it from the main house. The mobile is new and has a 100amp fusebox and can run off mains gas or lpg.
I really want to know if I can shave some pennies off the final bill. I have no intention at all of connecting any of the utilities myself either end.
Thanks and apologies if its in the wrong thread

Sponsored Links
IHNI about water. Guess you'd need BR approval to connect into drainage, plus authorisation from your water company/sewerage undertaker?

Gas - easy - you'll need an RGI.

Electrics - you'll need an electrician and you can do whatever prep work he is happy for you to to - they key thing is to agree that first, not present him with something you decided to do upfront.

I don't know what the load of the mobile home is, but if it's too high to be added to the house load you'll need a new supply for it:

Three_big_bucks_RMA.jpg

Thanks to the last.....I have a foul water sewer running inside the boundary of the plot....I was really wondering whether electric-Gas-Water could share the same trench?.....The mobile home is rated to 100Amp. I did wonder if I would need a 2nd phase for the electric.....I was hoping not to !

I have a foul water sewer running inside the boundary of the plot
You can't just create a new connection into it without asking, and you may find that you can't use it for surface water runoff any more.

....I was really wondering whether electric-Gas-Water could share the same trench?
Probably, subject to mimimum separations.

.....The mobile home is rated to 100Amp.
That doesn't mean that it's a 23kW load.

Get your electrician to calculate the demand, then you'll know. Will there be any large loads in it - electric hob, comprehensive electric space heating, instant water/shower heaters?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again....Its got electric fire, electric hob, gas CH, electric shower. I will do some research on trench depths. Cheers

Does the fact that it's mounted on a trailer still make a difference?

Still no TNC-S (PME) earth will be allowed to the mobile home. You need an electrician to assess your earthing type as well as the other factors mentioned above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back