conservatorie floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone advise me i want to lay tiles on my new conservatorie floor which is chipboard at the moment do i need to put ply down before i tile or can i tile straight on to the chipboard any advice would be great thankyou[/u]

Sponsored Links
i dont think that chipboard is suitable for strength or adhesive reasons but why not ask this in tiling section, i guess its more suitable in there

I think with the spelling of conservatory, that it is probably left to a professional. Please get a professional in for the work. please?

Sponsored Links
Should always overply with 4 or 6 mm marine ply if your going to tile on chipboard. Chipboard is too pourus on it's own.

I think with the spelling of conservatory, that it is probably left to a professional. Please get a professional in for the work. please?

What has someones spelling got to do with ones ability to do some DIY?
Unless he's laying alphabet patterned tiles and wants to write a message in the layout its immaterial. At least you can understand the OP's question.

He may not be able to spell but at least he is earning money to have a conservatory constructed and to care for his family.

What has someones spelling got to do with ones ability to do some DIY?
Unless he's laying alphabet patterned tiles and wants to write a message in the layout its immaterial. At least you can understand the OP's question.
By the very nature of the question, is to get a professional in. Nothing to do with spelling, but lack of knowledge.

But isn't that the very nature of this site?A DIY advice forum?
Maybe it would get a better response on the appropriate board but by posting on here he may well have had the intention of trying to reach a wider readership, thereby making more people aware of his situation.
I am very adept at turning my hands to different skills, some with great success whilst others with abject failure, but before I try something new I research the subject in order to improve my chances of success. You shouldn't tell someone, especially a newbie, to get a professional because they seek the knowledge to try something otherwise we would all limit our skills to one subject and this site wouldn't need to exist.

But isn't that the very nature of this site?A DIY advice forum?
Maybe it would get a better response on the appropriate board but by posting on here he may well have had the intention of trying to reach a wider readership, thereby making more people aware of his situation.
I am very adept at turning my hands to different skills, some with great success whilst others with abject failure, but before I try something new I research the subject in order to improve my chances of success. You shouldn't tell someone, especially a newbie, to get a professional because they seek the knowledge to try something otherwise we would all limit our skills to one subject and this site wouldn't need to exist.

That is exactly the argument of the site, do you go in depth into a problem with someone that doesn't have a clue, and they blow themselves up, or don't provide so much information, as the poster has the information already? I've a faulty boiler, and been given a lot of duff information, and spent a lot of money on non-fixes. The ones that I felt capabable of, I did, others I got professionals in. And it's still broken, and in worse shape after the professionals got involved (ie the people that visited my house), not the professionals that helped on here to narrow down the faults, so I would be sure not to be ripped off. ATM it's the divertor valve that is broken, a pro plumber says £150 for the part, ebay says £70. Pro plumber says £150 for fitting, last pro plumber that stripped it, charged £40. So either £110 to fix, or £300, depending on who you listen to. A melted valve has already been removed from that valve, hence it doesn't work, more than when he arrived. It now leaks water, and turns itself on. Bad advice, or bad workmanship? And it's always worse walking into someones previous attempts at a repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back