conservatory floor slab

You have fp; an interesting discussion I think. Anyway jeds, it looks like you can use a drawing from Approved Document C to support your view but when I use a drawing from the very same Approved Document C then you suggest it is a mistake. Is that fair? Have a look at this photo and tell me if you think it is a bunch of DIYers who don't have a clue what they are doing or is it a team of professionals working to an approved building practise? It does look to me like they are fitting the insulation above the dpm though. (then I'll tell you who they are)
7-picture2.jpg

Sponsored Links
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!
I work for a building firm and we always lay compacted hardcore, with a 50mm sand blinding.Then DPM on top with Insulation and the concrete slab poured on top.

You can baffle/confuse yourself at times with all this scientific analysis of warm/cold air etc etc.

But if you like that kinda thing, answer me this... does the mortar in brick walls hold the bricks together or keep them apart??

Hopefully after nearly 2 years, they've decided on a course of action!

Sponsored Links
building controll and architects in staffordshire ask for a the dpm to be above the blinding and below the insulation then lapped onto the dpc.
they also ask for another layer on top of the insulation, creating a sandwich.
the second layer is only protective and isnt linked to the dpc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back