Conservatory floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am in the process of finishing off my conservatory floor. I have a concrete base and was planning to put celotex down 50 - 70mm.

Can I put a timber floor on top or is it just easier to finish with a cement screed? If so how thick should it be and what sort of materials will i need to finish it off? Thanks

Sponsored Links
What's the final floor covering gonna be? and screed will need to be deeper than chipboard t&g boards, you have to take into account how much space you've got to play with between top of concrete and proposed FFL.

i prefer a floating chipboard floor myself.no screed to heat and less moisture in the conservatory in ths case..

no doubt others will be laong to say why screed is there preferred method of floor.

Hi thanks for your reply.
I realised I hadn't factered in the FFL. From the concrete base to FFL using a good laminated and underlay will be about 155mm.

If I use a floating floor what is the process and does it have to have vent for the underfloor to breath?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
work backwords from the FF,thickness of laminate,chipboard and then you have your insulation thickness needed.

insulation onto the concrete base,then your DPM,then the chipboard, then a thin VB and then your laminate .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back