Conservatory Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I had my extension built last year I had the builder lay the floor for a conservatory as well as it joined the new kitchen and dining room. Now I'm ready to have the conservatory done I'm wondering how to finish the floor to the correct height. I have 2 problems - 1st - somehow the builder got the levels wrong and the sub floor is 135mm lower than the finished floor of the house. When I did the new kitchen floor I laid 70mm Sellotex and then a screed of 55 mm. 2nd - I don't particularly want to go down the screeding road in the conservatory as I don't have the time or inclination to do it myself and if I want someone to do it for me I'll have to wait at least 8 wks. Can I lay a thicker Sellotex and then 22mm flooring chipboard with floor tiles or wood laminate flooring. Another idea is can I have a timber network say 100mm x 50mm and then chipboard with tiles or wood laminate? The sub floor is to building regs standard with the necessary damp proof membrane etc.

Sponsored Links
Depending on it size, your conservatory might fall outside of building regulations and be viewed as a lightweight, non occupied, structure. In Scotland a conservatory less than 8sq metres is of no interest to the building control office. You can do what you like as long as long as its sensible, I guess.

You could just put in a floating timber frame and then sheet timber but 22mm chipboard is no good for tiling onto, needs to be more substantial, you have to be careful not to breach the dampcourse of the existing house and its ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back