Conservatory Frame & Roof Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice/some opinions if poss...

I am looking at purchasing a house and have had a building inspection done on it (was recommended home buyers but wanted to be safe as a full side extension has been done on the property).

The inspection report states that the conservatory frame (timber) has dry rot and needs replacing as "it is beyond economical repair".
We were looking at getting it replaced with uPVC anyway but now it's forcing us to get it done as a priority.

Can anyone tell me roughly, how much it is likely to cost to get the frame replaced along with the roof from experience? I was told around 2k for the roof (with self cleaning glass) but this was before we were made aware of the need to replace the frame.

Any advice anyone can offer would be much appreciated. I do have a local window company coming to check it out next week but wanted some ideas of price ideally before then so I know what to expect.
The size of the conservatory is roughly 11ft x 11ft.

P.S: We are in the West Midlands in case geographical location affects price...

Sponsored Links
a pic would help as the price can vary quite a lot with different styles of roof and colours, how many frames there are etc.

a pic would help as the price can vary quite a lot with different styles of roof and colours, how many frames there are etc.

Hi, thanks for the reply...
Here are a couple of pics - I can't get a better one than these at the moment - we haven't bought it yet and can't get in until next week to get a quote and further pictures...

View media item 82748View media item 82750
Here's the floorplan (note the double doors are untrue to the real thing, there is a single door in the bottom right hand corner, NOT double doors in the right centre):

View media item 82749
[/img]

Should probably have mentioned, we are after uPVC frame with a glass roof with the dwarf wall retained (providing the groundwork is still okay - the report suggests it is). Also looking to keep the existing Victorian style. So basically a like for like replacement but in uPVC and self cleaning blue tint roof glass.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back