conservatory gutter to ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently bought a house and the conservatory currently drains to ground and has done for a while. Just wonder how tricky it would be to route the guttering to the drain which is a meter or so away? Else I will connect the water butt to that downpipe instead of the house roof guttering

Attachments

• PXL_20230905_115705721.jpg
    PXL_20230905_115705721.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20230905_114110286.jpg
    PXL_20230905_114110286.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Swop the foot for a 90degree bend/elbow then add a length of down spout to the drain & clip it to the wall. Fit your foot to the end of the new pipe to direct the water into the drain.

Swop the foot for a 90degree bend/elbow then add a length of down spout to the drain & clip it to the wall. Fit your foot to the end of the new pipe to direct the water into the drain.
Thank you. Do you mean add an elbow so it's going in towards the wall (because it's around 2-3 inches away from it currently)? The foot is already around 90 degree but I may need to shorter it so it's not too low at the floor

Then add a length of pipe to the drain..

Sorry, first time doing this

Sponsored Links
The foot does not have a socket so you'll need to use that above the drain

The foot does not have a socket so you'll need to use that above the drain
i wondered this. So either fit the above offset to the downpipe where the foot attaches or further up I presume?
Would it be best to try and route behind the kitchen outlet pipe and cut into that drain..

hi sorry to re-check this - but if I went with a 90degree elbow then use the above offset bend to get it closer to wall, followed by 70cm of downpipe would there be enough gravity for the flow? Or would it be best to get a 112 degree elbow and run the short downpipe off that?

Can someone pls confirm that it's legal and OK for me to drain the gutter water into the drain for kitchen waste? If not, I'll route it behind that pipe and ten or so feet to the main house guttering

Technically you need perissmion from the water company to make any new connections into a drain, however it's all going in there anyway is it not and you're not actually connecting to the sewer so just get on and do it. Worry ye not.

Just want to make sure it won't cause any draining issues as its rain water going into a kitchen drain rather than gutter drain for the house

True. Thanks, will sort later!
In other quote possibly related news.. the block paving is holding a lot of surface water in certain areas. Looks like grade is maybe off plus it's old. I'm sure the conservatory gutter to ground is also not helping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back