Conservatory Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help me ?

Had a new conservatory fitted 8 weeks ago. It's a Gable front and is joined to the side of the house (using box guttering) and to the back of the house.

Where the box guttering is, we get a leak every time it rains heavily. Company have been back 4 times and are due to come back again on monday. They keep putting more and more lead flashing on which just seems to keep "moving" the leak to somewhere else.

Is there anything else I can say or do to get them to sort this out ? It was completed 8 weeks ago and we haven't been able to decorate or put flooring in yet because of the leaking.

Regards

Mike

Sponsored Links
we had a similar problem with a costomer's conservatory where the original fitters had kept fitting more flashing, in the end we stripped all the flashing out, took the plastic guttering out (which was 2 pieces joined together) put in one long piece of guttering and refitted flashing, no problems since!

sometimes the leak can come from a completely different place than the 'wet spot' on a conservatory, i had an experience on a conny where a leak from under the floor actually came from the gable frame not being sealed properly! water finds the lowest point before it says hello, so most of the time the wet spot is just the lowest point

Sponsored Links
Butting a brick wall? A flashing, correctly known in the trade as a cover flashing, does just that, cover and protect the top of the felt from water penetration. Constant heavy rain accompanied by a driving wind will result in rain penetration through the brickwork beyond the inserted flashing. The only long term solution is to install a cavity tray, end of story. The sooner building regs bans lead flashings and insists on cavity tray installation, especially during construction, the better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back