Conservatory options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have just moved in to our new house. It has a built on lean to conservatory around 10 years old. The room has not been usable so far. It already has a radiator in there connected to our central heating but that does not do anything. In the long term we want to knock down and replace with an extension but money is short at the minute.... But short term (next 5 years) we would like to use it as an dining room year round.

Whats my best options? Seen a lot of companies claiming to be able to turn it into a usable space all year round by replacing the roof.seen panals on eBay if I was to do it my self.

Anyone any experience with this or use there conservatory year round?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you really are going to build an extension then the most economical method is just to stick an electric heater in there when you want to use it.

Would it heat the whole room enough? My brother works for calor gas and could potentially get me a decent one with a decent discount and free gas for one!! ill have a word with him!! Not sure if it would need ventilation though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back