Conservatory Roof Panels Sliding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Can anyone give me some advice regarding the roof panels on my conservatory?

Over a period of several months some of the roof panels have started to 'creep' forward due to very slight vibration from a nearby dual carriageway and also due to the expansion of the conservatory on hot days. The distance moved is only a few centimetres over a matter of months and the panels are easily pushed back into place.

The panels are normally held in pace by a small plastic rectangular clip, screwed into the roof strut. However, being plastic, these clips buckle over time and allow some of the panels to move.

I am considering replacing these plastic clips with pieces of aluminium strip, drilled and screwed into place to prevent any movement.

My question is: would this be a good idea? I am worried that I might restrict the natural expansion of the conservatory on a hot day and instead of slight ‘creep’ in the panels, something might give way and crack. The alternative would be to buy some thick plastic strip and replace like with like, but slightly larger.

Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks
Compo

Sponsored Links
Speak with Ultraframe technical department on 01200 443311 and ask if you can email these photos for their perusal, there are usually anti slip brackets fitted to stop this, it seems like during manufacture the roof supplier decided it didn't need them seeing as its a only a polycarb roof, defo would of fitted them if it was glass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back