Conservatory roof urgent help,please...photos now added

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all Hello to everyone :D
Just joined and need a bit of help please
I am fitting a Conservatory from Tradeprice p shaped synseal system and roof with one full height wall at one side they have told me and supplied me window cill for the wall with frame extender to be put on top of this then the roof eaves beam sits on that is this right just seems it dont look right when i go to join the window cill to frame extender?
any help much aprecheated,thanks :(

Sponsored Links
Yes your 2nd pic is correct.
make sure you seal the back edge of the cill and the 2 ends then fit and screw the extender down on to in.

The eves beams are designed to fit onto a 70mm section (normally the top of a window) that is why they have supplied the extender.

Sorry added more pics to show
the Synseal eves beam has turn buckles that fit into the channel of the extender has it will all round the top of the windows so when extender sits on cill just isnt sitting right do you take the firrings/ legs of the extender so it will sit flush?
feel like im being stupid on somthing that should be simple...

Sponsored Links
Good point.
I assume that if you cut off the ribs on the side that would normally connect to a window that you will lose 4-6mm in height. Will this cause any problems with the height?

If not then go ahead and chop them off. One you happy that everything will fit make sure everything is well sealed before you fix it all together.

Nothing worse than missing a small spot somewhere and getting a leak thats near impossible to find the source of later.

Had this problem myself with a K2 roof where the frame company didn't supply knock-on. all was well fitting the ring beam to the cill, only when you try to install the gutter at the end of the job it fouls on the cill when 'rolling back' into its back locators. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back