Conservatory roof, what do I need & where to get it from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I did post this elsewhere on this site but maybe here is a better place.

I’m building a lean to conservatory that is 5330mm wide x 2710mm deep & to date I’ve done the foundations, brickwork, all windows etc & now need to make it watertight with a roof.

I have all of the wood to create the rafters & hopefully this is where you guys come in to help me achieve the next step. To give you an idea of what it looks like etc there are a couple of pics here:

412488632.jpg

412488631.jpg

As you’ll see roof height is tight but there is enough room there to create the drop we need.

Had a quick nose on the net & found a website http://onlinepolycarbonate.co.uk & saw what they had to try & visualise what I need.

So far I reckon we need this lot:

4 x 16mm polycarbonate Roofing sheets length 3000mm x width 1050, tint: clear
1 x 16mm polycarbonate Roofing sheets length 3000mm x width 14000, tint: clear
2 x Anti dust breather tape (10 metres length) 16mm thickness
7 x 2.1 mtr PVC Sheet Closure Trim (for top & bottom sheets & the one exposed side)
6 x snap Fix Rafter Supported Glazing bar, white 3mtr lengths

So do you reckon the above is what I need, or is there something I've missed? Price wise the website above was about £420 delivered, is that good or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks for your help,

Russ

Sponsored Links
We usually leave it to the connie supplier (plastic windows company) to deal with the roof. Yours is in a really awkward spot, i.e. abutting the roof at eaves level as opposed to abutting brickwork.

You also appear to have built it directly off the decking but surely not?

Last edited:
We usually leave it to the connie supplier (plastic windows company) to deal with the roof. Yours is in a really awkward spot, i.e. abutting the roof at eaves level as opposed to abutting brickwork.

You also appear to have built it directly off the decking but surely not?

Lol, yeah it does look like that doesnt it!!

No I ripped up the decking around it, put foundations in & since we did the brickwork i've then put the decking back down. When we built the house we put the decking in & it's all tied into the house & inside the conservatory it seemed silly to rip up a really good solid base to then put another one down. Once it's all watertight we'll be attending to the floor.

This was when the foundations went in:

12313665_10156287364495500_4791352796090800169_n.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back