Consevatory flooring and subsidence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a tiled conservatory and we live in subsidence area - over 9 years since it was built we have a fair crack in the tile grout over the width of the room and a couple of the tiles have lifted, i think the foundation was only at the basic depth so no surprise this has happened ( naivety !) so i guess there is a crack through the concrete float

What would anybody recommend for flooring to be able to take a bit of movement - i have searched and there are many comments about Laminate and that sitting on a fresh level screed . Or as tiling looks the nicest is there a more flexible grout. ( i have used some silicone which is the same colour as the grout as a temporary fill) so it does not look quite so obvious

advice welcome :?:

Sponsored Links
A floating floor sounds the best bet. Not a fix for the problem but one that won't show any subsidance. you can buy laminate, engineered or solid wood. They're all floating floors.

We have a tiled conservatory and we live in subsidence area - over 9 years since it was built we have a fair crack in the tile grout over the width of the room and a couple of the tiles have lifted, i think the foundation was only at the basic depth so no surprise this has happened ( naivety !) so i guess there is a crack through the concrete float

What would anybody recommend for flooring to be able to take a bit of movement - i have searched and there are many comments about Laminate and that sitting on a fresh level screed . Or as tiling looks the nicest is there a more flexible grout. ( i have used some silicone which is the same colour as the grout as a temporary fill) so it does not look quite so obvious

advice welcome :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back