consumer box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am not an electrician but i understand how it works and the dangers involved. What i want to do is change from fuse to rcd. My consumer box is labeld MEMERA 3consumer unit. There is 2 x 5amp / 1x15 amp and 3x30amp fuses in it. What i would like to know is is it possible to get trips that would fit straight in instead of fuses. ( just like in wylex ) Any help, good news or bad would be apreciated, cheers :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
no, Memera 3 is rather old (though I think I have seen the ones you need, with a push button like older Wylex, AFAIK you would only find very old second-hand ones). I have an idea yours have four prongs.

You would do better to start saving up for a new one. You probably have other aspects that need renovation.

p.s. They might possibly be this sort
adc5_1.JPG

This is Memera 3:

Captured%202003-10-23%2000004.jpg

Captured%202003-10-23%2000008.jpg

The pins are horizontal as opposed to vertical like the wylex. They did do plug in MCB's for these, but they where short lived on the shelf, and no one makes them anymore, not even a re-badged version. You could try ebay, but I would be looking for a CU change, which would not only incorporate MCB's, but an RCD too.

regards my consumer box...... boo hooo. cheers and a big thank you to the two bods who replied. beer money just went out the window.

Sponsored Links
Ahh, itsn't it always the way!

Nearly kept some RCD's that would have been just the job from a CU change I did a couple of weeks ago, but alas didn't!

Sorry montybiposto.

Yeah, I know, thats burning the candle at both ends for you. I'd like to see how you'd get an RCD to work on one of those old boards!

To clarify: Nearly kept some MCB's

JohnD, you got that photo off e-bay and didn't post the link? is it forbidden?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back