Consumer Unit - Dual RCD Wiring from Isolator

Gary, I was hoping not to have to write a thesis on consumer units and their application to BS7671(2008).

I'll qualify the statement.

MK sells a range of Sentry Consumer Units designed for use in 17th edition applications. Particularly where multiple RCDs are used.

The part numbers for these baords all end in "17ED" and these have at least three neutral rails to support the type of build that the OP is intending putting in. They also come with a dualled live tail to go from the isolator to the RCD live in connector.

The board he has in the photo is not a "17ED" board.

I hope that clarifies what I said?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

After reading through your replies, I think it would be much better to get an electrician to do it. I feel confident that I would be able to do it myself, but I would really feel safer if it was done the proper way (and tested)!

In the picture I had took of the board and posted here, I wasn't finished wiring it yet - I had to find out about the RCD connections from here! That diagram would have come in handy if I was going to install it.

I appreciate your help with this - cheers.

Sponsored Links
Tony - That's a great idea. Get a few quotes and check that they are registered here.

http://www.competentperson.co.uk/search.asp

And remember - finding a good contractor is a bit like finding a good women........some are cheap and great fun but the best ones cost a bit more but go the distance..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back