consumer unit

jkp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do i determine what kind of system i have got ie tt or tns

Sponsored Links
Post a picture of the main head, meter and CU

or look in the Wiki and it will tell you the versions and ways to 'tell' what's what.

thanks for getting back so soon ... hope this picture is of help?

crystal_ball_LG.jpg

Sponsored Links
been in touch with my supplier about changing my cu .. they tell me it will cost £155 to fit an isolater switch ? told them my spark was pulling the fuse they say its illegal for anyone to touch the equipment ... Help please

been in touch with my supplier about changing my cu .. they tell me it will cost £155 to fit an isolater switch ? told them my spark was pulling the fuse they say its illegal for anyone to touch the equipment ... Help please

They are right. But how are they to know that the seal isnt already broken?

£155. Well, they can charge what they like. Not much you can do about that...

i had an isolator fitted recently - the guy from the supply company was going to rip out an old off peak meter so he did this at the same time.

anyway, the seal on my main fuse was missing - and nothing was said as he pulled it and upgraded my tails to 25mm and just put a new seal around it.

I also know a chap at work who had the meter guy out and he re sealed the fuse but left some spare seals lying on top of the meter by 'mistake'!!!! (CU was being changed by a sparky in a few days time)!!

if the seal is missing, and they say anything, just plead ignorance. how are they going to prove it was you??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back