Continuity of cpc's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. Can anyone clarify this for me?

I’m using 1.5mm T&E and simply want to daisy chain 4 mains downlighters together without using a junction or choc box. How do I join cpc’s as there are only 2 terminals inside the downlight connector block…?

Do I have to use a JB at each point then run 2 core flex from the JB to the light?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
do you mean use flex from jb to jb as well or just to the lights?

And one other thing, does the flex have to be heat resistant?

Cheers

Are you sure there is no place for an earth connection at the very top of the downlight?

earthconnectin.jpg

If not then buy a connector strip and some green & yellow sleeving and terminate the CPC's into there.

Sponsored Links
If like Davy says the light fitting doesn`t need a connection to earth (double insulated etc...),then you can join the earths together using a single piece of choc block at each light fitting.
Doing it this way means if you or the next person wnts to replace the lights your putting in now ,with a fitting that requires a connection to earth you can without any problems.
Dont just cut back the earth in the T&E by the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back