Adding Downlights to an existing Spur.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 2 Wall lights in a study on one switch and 3 downlighters on a separate switch. I've run a switch cable from the Wall Lights JB to the JB for the down lighters combining all to the 1st switch. I'm adding 4 down lighters to the JB with the existing three.

I've decided to loop in the new down lights into a daisy chain and add just a single cable to the existing JB (less wire..less fuss).

I'm just wondering if the chain wires can be connected within the light terminal block or whether I should use a separate terminal block for each fixture with a tail off to the light fitting?

It's gone 3pm Friday confusion setting in. Alt would be run individual cable from each light fitting to a wago and the a single line to the existing JB.

Any steer appreciated. I'm using Aurora Fire Protection downlights 240v running 5w LED GU10s. All with required clearances and tolerances. Running 1mm T&E.

Sponsored Links
you can parallel within the lighting fittings provided there's enough room for the conductors in the terminals, the sheath of the cable is continued into the fittings, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back