GU10 Downlights into junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can advise me. I will be installing 3 sets of four GU10 35w downlights in a few days time into my newly converted garage (ready for the world cup!!). Each set is to run from a separate dimmer switch. My question is if I wire up the JB to the switch and garage consumer unit, and then from the JB to the first light, from the first to the second, and so on until the forth light it reached (i.e daisy chaining). As the downlights are double insulated there is no need for the earth wire so i intend on insulating this spare wire.
Will this affect the light or the use of the dimmer? I take it that you do not need four JB's for each set of lights?
Thanks for your help

Ian

Sponsored Links
you might not need the earth now, but you might when you change the lights again in a few years so sleeve it and put it into a spare terminal.

I don't really understand your question.. can you draw what you want to do?

View media item 11287
(connector blocks must be in an enclosure, choc-box is the current favourite ).

I will be installing 3 sets of four GU10 35w downlights in a few days time into my newly converted garage
420W of lighting! :eek:

How big is this garage? Are all the players using it to store their Bentleys while they are away?

Sponsored Links
yeah looks standard to me, no need for a seperate JB though, you can connect the switch at the first light..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back