Contractors All Risks Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any of the builders on here kindly tell me whether this kind of insurance provides any kind of cover for a property next to the one you are working on?

In other words if you were extending one property would this kind of insurance provide cover for any damage that occurs to the next door neighbours unattached property?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Not normally in a standard contractor's all risk policy. But most policies (probably all?) offer it as an extension. So you need to check the actual policy.

Thanks Jeds, that's what I thought.

This relates to a party award for some work I want to have done within 3m of neighbour. In the award the surveyor has said my builder has to have all risks insurance but does not elaborate further.

I can't understand how this would offer any protection to my neighbour because a bog standard all risks would only cover my works and the builders equipment.

Unless it's so that work isn't halted/left half finished should the extension catch on fire and my builder and I can't agree on who is responsible to rebuild it?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back