control board for whirlpool dwhb10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi dishwasher has been diagnosed with a faulty control board, part no.461972750961.

Wondered if any one knows any good places to buy a new one, internet or shop, i live in Guisborough, near Middlesbrough for those who are thinking where!
I've removed the part and will be fitting it myself. (hopefully) :confused:

Cheers in advance

Dave

Sponsored Links
There is a label on the door lip with the type, service number, & serial number. Open the door & you'll see it (probably on the RH side). It has 12 digits & starts with 85---.

Sponsored Links
ok cheers. theres 2 lots of numbers 1st is 854241001827 2nd 380717002627.

sorry dont know too much about this its my 1st attempt to repair a dish washer, really appreciate the help.

P.S. the price in the link is about £70 cheaper than my search results thanks.

Hi dishwasher has been diagnosed with a faulty control board, part no.461972750961
Scrub the link in my last post....Where did you get the pcb part number? Because it isn't the right one for your machine. It has p/n 481221838596 fitted & this is the right pcb http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw...78/0/0/1085821/dishwasher-pcb-(printed-c.html
If someone diagnosed pcb failure...then gave you the wrong part number I would question the diagnosis. What is wrong with the machine & which symptoms does it exhibit?

Hi Zipper

Got the part number from the part i removed, the guy who diagnosed board failure just ran a few tests and came up with the diagnostic.
Abit concerning if it didnt have the right part in the first place.

As for the machine it would start any cycle fill with water disolve the detergent wash then freeze when it came to drain, it would then continue to beep and the progam start light would flash 4 times.

Cheers Dave

4 flashes indicate a drain problem :rolleyes:
I wouldn't rush out to buy a pcb (especially the wrong pcb) without first checking for drain issues. Filters blocked, pump blocked/defective, sink spigot clogged, drain hose clogged/kinked etc. I am not saying it definitely couldn't be a pcb issue...but F4 usually boils down to a blockage or drain timeout. Did the attending (engineer???) check for drain issues?...or use a laptop connected to the pcb to diagnose the fault? Or just play with some buttons & condemn the electronics :?:

Played with the buttons and condemned the electronics, which just so happens to be the most expensive :(

Don't buy a pcb just yet! Check out this thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1933183#1933183 Or use the search facility & type in whirlpool f4 or dishwasher 4 flashes...you'll find loads of posts on this subject. This is the pressure switch mentioned http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481227128556 It often gets clogged by gunge or bits of sticky labels etc & causes an F4 error. You need to work through the list of possible culprits...it isn't rocket science (and it isn't a pcb problem either).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back