Controller Upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester Heatslave 20/25 with a ST699 controller and am thinking of something more economical to control it.
I was thinking a wireless programmable thermostat to save wiring and the need to change the controller.
So my questions, are any suggested brands?
Do i need to wire the thermostat to the boiler or can i wire it to the controller to save any potential range issues as the boiler is in the garage?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you haven't got a wall thermostat all you need to do is add a wall thermostat. They cost all of £10 for a wired one.
Changing the programmer won't make it any more economical.

All you need to do is wire the live central heating wire via the wired thermostat. Job done.

If you haven't got a thermostat on the hot water tank suggest you add one there too.

I just like wired thermostats I'm old fashioned that way it works and works reliably forever virtually. Get no end of call outs for people where the
wireless nonsense has stopped working for one reason or another
usually just the battery. £40 than you very much. :)

My problems with the controller are that it is only one day, only 2 on/offs and the hot water and heating must run on the same time settings. I thought i could use a programmable stat to control the heating leaving the controller to time the hot water.

Take your point that wired may be more reliable though...

That Honeywell set looks easy.. at a price. how does the "optimisation" work? does this need an outside temperature somehow?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
THe Heatslave is a COmbi Boiler - so ignore previous comment about hot Water Tank!! :rolleyes:

The best way to deal with the problewm is if you do have a room stat, fit a Honeywell CM Wired Stat in place of your existing stat, simply set the CH channel of the 699 to Constant, if you have no Room Stat a Honeywell CM RF stat would be your best bet the reciever would have to be wired at the boiler - there are connections for a Room stat on the boiler terminal block on the PCB (look at boiler MI's ) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back