Convection heater electronic switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My mum has two convection (internal brick, whatever they're called) heaters in her flat. I was wondering if there was any kind of single switch available to save her having to go to each heater and switching it on/off via the wall. For example, like those radio-controlled plugs you can get in Maplin, only something that fits a heater faceplate...

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I can’t see why you would want to? In most cases storage heaters do use 13 amp and one could use a plug and socket although I would not want to. The way storage heaters work is to switch on at night and heat the bricks and then release heat over an extended period during the day. The remote would only work when power is on so you could only use it 11pm to 6am and one normally would only switch off in the summer and on in winter seems a lot of expense to switch on and off twice a year?
Eric

The heater is indeed Eco7 but also has another feed for boost. It is the boost which I'd like to control :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back