Conversion of utility room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a utility room which is accessible from a door in the kitchen.
The room is almost like an extension to the building although it was built at the same time as the house.
My problem at the minute is that i wish to remove the oil fired boiler from the utility room and move it outside and then remove the kitchen door so that the kitch is opened up and encorporates the utility room.

This is where the problem starts.

The utitlity room is only single skin rather than double bricked with cavity wall insulation and so is quite cold.

One of the things I am intending to do is to plumb in a small radiator to this room although unless i can do something about the cold comming in then it will be a waste of time.

I had thaought about framing around the exterior walls and then lining them with some form of insulation and then plasterboarding.

Can any one advise me here and point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good idea to line+ insulate :idea: Which way are ye facin` :rolleyes: :?: Ineeds to know where to point ye.

what do you mean which way are ye facin?

when you say line and insulate what do you mean by line?
also what would be the best material to insulate with?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
N. facing walls are usually colder.....Drylining...like you thought, ie.wooden framework with plasterboard on top and Polystyrene :?: between the wood. prob. the best value option ;) There may be a link on diy-not. for Drylining.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back