Converting an outside toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I have a (rather useless) brick built outside toilet. I was thinking of removing the toilet, and fitting a belfast type sink and using it as a utility area.

Broadly speaking, can anyone outline the plumbing fixtures i would need in order to do this? have never plumbed, and not sure what gizmos are out there to get this job done,..........

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
has it got a water supply to it :?: What`s the colloquial name for that outside WC ...serously, is it a Cludgie :?:

Sponsored Links
In the mining garden cities north of the Tyne, its a 'cluggy' or 'ootside netty'. The open ouside drain of yore was called a 'cundie' :eek:
Now we call them 'garden facilities' :)

Cheers all, most intruiging,...................

Now back to the question :D

Any ideas?!!!

Hi,
The current toilet is connected to the water system

Cheers

Then you can adapt the existing pipe to plastic and run it to a hose tap above the sink. Make sure it`s well lagged -you can get Talon pipe clips with spacers to make the pipe stand off the wall :idea: The tap can be on a wood block. Waste fitting is a special size for Belfast sink. Use a Hep V O valve under it onto 42 mm waste into drain adapter like Kev suggested. No trap ( U bend ) to dry out with lack of use that way ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back