Converting loft combi to an an unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a WB Greenstar 35 CDI installed last year in the loft . This has been very good and trouble free. Howver I only had one shower (mira combiflow) in use at any one time.

However, we are having relatives comming to stay more and more frequently and I would like to consider renovating a second bathroom, and adding a second shower.

Is is possible to convert the WB 35 CDI combi to an unvented system, I have loads of space in the loft for the cylinder. (we have very good water supply). I recognise that once the cylinder is empty that I am back to the capacity of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Check with WB whether the combi can accept water temperatures up to 60 degrees Centigrade.

buy an Alpha Solar Smart and subject to WB approval link it up to the combi.

Or fit a cheap unvented cyilnder on s or y plan.

Surely, if you link the unvented to the boiler then the flow restrictor will limit the output, whatever the incoming temperature.

The better solution would, in my opinion, be to connect UV to the boiler using an S plan setup. Just use the WB output for one outlet, eg a shower, and the UV for everything else.

By far the simplest and cheapest solution would be to fit an electric shower!

For £1000 + you could have an unvented cylinder heated by the boiler but why bother ???

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back