cooker and hob need seperate fuses? what can i do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i have a cooker and a hob both connected to a fused socket, i need to get them seperated with a fuse each as they are rated differently before building control will sign the job off, can i fit a surface mounted fuse box to the wall behind the cooker to split the two appliances? i just dont want to cut any more channels in the wall as everything is tiled and decorated.
thanks!

Sponsored Links
C'mon, give us a fighting chance. :rolleyes:

Need more info.

How is your installation wired at the moment?

Cable sizes, fuse ratings, appliance ratings, isolator positions etc.

Pictures would help too.

Yup - need to know the cable size you have installed, the breaker used in the consumer unit, and the ratings of the two appliances.

well, i'm not an electrician and i will not be doing the job myself, i just wanted to know if it could be done in theory, i was more worried about making holes in the wall and wrecking my kitchen, the cable is correct for the cooker, its the great big thick stuff! and it goes through a cooker socket with switches.

Sponsored Links
It might look "Great big thick stuff" to you but may be too small for your appliances.
Dont be coy, give us the info asked for and we can help. Basically you are asking us to say if a piece of string is long enough.....

You say Building Control are asking for this, is this because they are inspecting work you have done - in which case you must know the answers to the questions above. If someone else did the work, then they should know the answers...

You help us, we help you - deal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back