Cooker & Hob Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

In the process of replacing a kitchen and have a new oven and hob to install.

Have run a new 10mm cable from the consumer unit (40amp MCB) to the kitchen (5 metre run) which I have connected to a 2g cooker switch.

On the load side of the cooker switch I was going to run 10mm cable to both the hob and cooker flex outlets (as I had some left!) but 2 x 10mm cables will not fit into the load side of the switch (the terminals are far too small).

What is the best solution? Can I reduce the cable size from the cooker switch to the appliances? If so what size? (cable length from switch to appliance is under 0.5 metres in both cases)

AEG Hob rated at 6.4kw & AEG Oven rated at 6.3kw (which seems high for an oven?) Hob instructions do not specify cable size, Oven instructions specify 6mm cable.

Any help appreciated -

Sponsored Links
Thanks securespark.

I did think of a terminal block, but I would have to place it inside the stud wall as there is limited room in the 2g box, but I suppose that would be OK.

Certainly an option.

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities,

Exactly the solution I used - thanks for the help - we now have hot food!

Yes - all sorted on the legal front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back