Cooker hoods.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What with all this part P and everything I was wondering on the legalities relating to fitting them yourself? Obviously it would be better to fit them via a fused spur, but adding that takes you into part p territory due to it being in a kitchen, as I understand it. Whereas fitting a 13a plug with a 3a fuse and plugging it into an existing socket would be fine :rolleyes:

Am I reading that right?

Sponsored Links
Shengis said:
What with all this part P and everything I was wondering on the legalities relating to fitting them yourself? Obviously it would be better to fit them via a fused spur, but adding that takes you into part p territory due to it being in a kitchen, as I understand it. Whereas fitting a 13a plug with a 3a fuse and plugging it into an existing socket would be fine :rolleyes:

Am I reading that right?

In the simplest of terms, Yes.
If you use a plug top then you are not altering the fixed wiring in any way, so this will be fine for a DIYer to do.

So instead of having concealed protected wiring in the wall, you end up with a cable hanging down near a naked flame, assuming a gas cooker. God I love regs!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back