Cooker Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Err Don't know where to start on this one. Had a new kitchen installed with an all singing all dancing Electric Fan Oven and an induction hob, both by De Dietrich. All work done by a kitchen and bathroom company.

I was doing some electrical work (just fitting a couple of replacement sockets - nothing too technical) :) and I noticed that the oven had powered off when I switched off the socket circuit breaker. Is this normal or recommended? I thought that the electrical cooker circuit with its separate fuse and rating would have been used for both the hob and the oven. In my house the cooker circuit has only been used for the hob.

Does this sound right, could it cause problems...?

The other thing is I have not been given any installation certificate for it, but that is another story which I am pursuing with the company. Any advice on the installation would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to supply a little more details, such as what the rating is of the oven and the protective device for this circuit

Have been researching...

Oven - power consumption is max 2635W (Energy class A) so using the ratio 2635/230v = 11.46A - yes? so this would be OK if plugged into a "normal" 13A plug. :confused:

I was concerned becoz I thought that a "cooker" circuit would be used for both hob and oven but I am becoming aware that anything rated <3KW can (or could be) plugged into a standard 13A plug, which makes me a lot less nervous about the oven being on the socket circuit.

(I think)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back