Cooker nozzle blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Please can someone tell me what I ought to do...

In a perfect moment of stupidity while cleaning my cooker, I thought it would be a great idea to make sure that the nozzles of my gas hobs weren't blocked so I stuck a wooden skewer into one and wiggled it about. Unfortunately the end snapped off and if my nozzle wasn't blocked before it certainly is now :oops: . Having scraped around with a pin I know that I can't get it out - in fact I guess its further in now. If i turn the gas on for half a second I see liquid emerge from the nozzle and no hissing sound.

Is this a simple thing that a plumber can fix without too much trouble?

Any advice appreciated,

Thank

Andy

Sponsored Links
if its a fairly standard cooker (you dont state what sort or model) then yes its a 10 min job. id put the box spanner over the top and removed the injector thus enabling your clever cleaning device to be removed.

normal jets are 7mm use a socket on a extension bar with a 1/4 drive ratchet if it is the small burner or a wok burner this can be entertaining trying to get the jet out,10 mins max :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back