Oven blocked by cooker hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm fitting a kitchen and the bayonet gas hose into the hob is blocking the oven from fully fitting into the oven base unit. Therefore the oven is sticking out by about 50mm. Just to be clear its the connection into the hob that is in the way not the gas connection.

The hob is placed in the middle of the worktop and in hindsight could have had it a bit closer to the wall but now the hob is fitted I don't want to ruin the worktop.

Can anyone think of a solution for this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, the hob should not be fitted with a hose....get a gas installer round to pipe up in copper.

And of course the hob must be fitted to the worktop to comply with the clearances stated in the manual. Same for extractor height.

This sounds like another bodge job kitchen with dodgy gas, plumbing and electrics.

You are not allowed to use a flexible hose to connect up a hob, it must be in rigid pipework!!!!!!!

Pm me on here if you need help it advice as I'm gas safe registered

Sponsored Links
FFS here we go again.

If you want to connect a hob with a hose then the installation must comply with the hob AND hose manufacturers instructions. I guarantee that in 99% of cases you can't install a hose to comply.

Flexible hoses are permitted if the manufacturer allows, thats why your wrong!

FFS here we go again.

If you want to connect a hob with a hose then the installation must comply with the hob AND hose manufacturers instructions. I guarantee that in 99% of cases you can't install a hose to comply.

Thats why i AR the fookers on a hose you can fit them but in slim circumstances,
All hobs piped in a hose are usually illegal installs anyway

Dan I came across a hose on a hob a couple of weeks ago. I caught it just in time....the outer rubber was sheared through and the spiral inner was about to let go. The hose was strained and jammed in by the oven.

If the IUSP review goes ahead I suggest ALL hoses on hobs are upgraded to ID and replaced.

I always hard plumb them - but that doesn't mean that flexible hoses are not allowed by some manufacturers.

Go on then name me a gas hose manufacturer and hob manufacturer that permit hose fitment when there's an oven or drawer units below. I have never come across an installation where the hose would not be fouled and could hang freely in a U shape.

Contradicting sound advice to score points is getting tiresome :rolleyes:

I was talking about hob manufacturers.

You are not allowed to use a flexible hose to connect up a hob, it must be in rigid pipework

Is incorrect advice.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't feasible.

I haven't seen a properly installed Ferroli, but I am sure there is one out there somewhere.

Maybe not though ;).

Its standard practice (and within regs) over here to connect hobs using hoses, and to connect said hoses with jubilee clips. :LOL: :LOL:

I did see a hob installed with a hose!

But that was after the hose had caught fire and done a lot of damage to the flat.

Very luckily the Bangladeshi husband had the sense to turn it off at the gas meter!

I was only called to safely cap off the supply to the hob after the fire brigade had been so they could stay there and have heating and hot water.

Of course it should have been an HSE investigation but the culprit will not have been identified by the landlord and it might have been the landlord himself.

At least I was pleased the landlord probably had to foot the bill himself following either his DIY effort or his non reg installer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back