cooker outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a minimum height off the floor for the cooker outlet point,

also what length of cable is recommended from cooker to cooker outlet point. Does it matter that the cable may dangle on the floor when the cooker is pushed back to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Place it 400mm off the floor

The cooker control unit needs to be within 2m of the cooker

thanks.
Is that a legal requirement as I have put it at about 200mm from the floor.
Do I raise it to 400mm????

The reason I put it that low was so it fitted neatly behind in the recess of the cooker.

Also just to confirm, the same 10mm cable from cooker to cooker outlet.
thanks

As long as it is not in the line of fire in terms of damage or moisture, 200mm should be OK.

Use the same size cable as the feed, and make sure the CCC exceeds the rating of the CPD.

Sponsored Links
thanks
20 meter run
10 mm cable
40 amp breaker
9.0 KW cooker

one last question
As I see it, cooker outlet 200mm off the floor, cooker connection (back of cooker) 250mm equals length of cable without dangling on the floor is 450mm, not enough to pull cooker out from the wall very much.
I could of course lengthen the cable but when the cooker is pushed back to the wall the cable would be resting on the floor, not good I would assume.

By your answer I assume it is ok for the cable to be resting on the floor.

As long as it can't be tripped over, crushed, abraided, etc, then yes.

All the above are unlikely if the appliance is installed with care & the cable is inaccessible in normal use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back