Cooker position in relation to boiler and window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just moved into a flat which has a nice combi boiler that I love. I wanted to preferably buy a gas cooker (I have the option of gas or electric) However I am concerned about the location of the boiler if I was install a cooker in the allocated space.

As you can see from the picture if I was to have a cooker fitted the boiler would be directly to the left and a window is directly to the right. The space for a cooker unit is 615mm wide.
The Boiler is 520mm above where the cooker would be and 50mm overhang from where the side of the unit is.
The window is 120mm to the right and 330mm above the edge of the cooker space.

This really doesn't seem safe to me at all? Are there any clear rules and regs for this? Do I need to get in touch with the landlord and get this changed?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
if you go by the manufactures specific dimensions it should be ok.
As a rule of thumb if the side clearance is >50mm from above units its ok if its within 50mm you'd need the boiler 760mm above. This wouldnt include a cooker with an eyelevel grill and also you'd need a bit of side clearance from the worktop once the cookers slotted in

Ray

this diagram gives the generic clearences for cookers and hobs, one option to minimise risk is to buy a 500mm wide cooker

Sponsored Links
if you go by the manufactures specific dimensions it should be ok.
As a rule of thumb if the side clearance is >50mm from above units its ok if its within 50mm you'd need the boiler 760mm above. This wouldnt include a cooker with an eyelevel grill and also you'd need a bit of side clearance from the worktop once the cookers slotted in

Ray

the 760mm dimension is from cooker hot plate to combustible surface above the hotplate (ie extractor), if the edge of the boiler/combustible surface is less than 450mm above the worktop it needss to be set 50mm back from either side of the vertical line up from the edge of the cooker, if the boiler edge/combustible surface is more than 450mm above the worktop it can be in line with the vertical edge of the cooker, i have posted a diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back