cooker problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i have a delongi cooker with a rating of 10960 w there is what i presume to be a 6mm wire from my cooker switch going in to the fuse box on a 32 amp fuse i say presume because the wire is bigger than the two wires going into the 30 amp fuse in the the fuse box but smaller than the shower cable going into a 45 amp fuse which i know to be 10mm the problem is and i have asked this question before but got baffled with the questions that came back, when i connect the cooker the clock comes on but if i try to draw power it trips out i have had a sparky out and he says he needs to pull up floorbards and put in a 10mm cable and uprate the fuse to a 45 amp one is this right?

Sponsored Links
You can apply diversity to the cooker.

Doing this means your 6mm & 32A is OK.

Sounds like you have an earth fault.

many thanks for that one more question you knowthe cooker switch on the wall should both earths be wired into the same hole

Not important, as long as both are connected to each other and to the switch terminal(s)

Sponsored Links
Diversity is the assumption that you can make that a cooker (or installation) will not use all its potential load at the same time eg a four ring/1 oven/1 grill cooker might only use say the oven and two rings at any one time or the oven and grill on and one ring.
Also on installations the total of the overcurrent devices will usually add up to a lot greater than the main switch or supply fuse but it is safe to assume that all the circuits will not be used to their full rating at anyone time if at all (usually only maybe a shower or immersion heater near full rating of overcurrent device)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back