Cooker switching off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our cooker an old Tenolec Pro60estf has just developed a problem. Everything switches off, light, fan, oven, grill, nothing works at all on the selector switch when the oven gets hot.
If I leave it to cool, it all works again, until hot.
I am sure it must be the thermostat, but I can't work out why everything stops, even the oven light.
Any one got any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you may possibly be losing your supply due to a bad connection at the isolator or cable connections at the back of the cooker. Check for burnt wires or connectors.

Thanks, I have checked everything through today & it all looks OK, no loose or damaged wires, that I can see. I did a check this afternoon & the oven gets excessively hot & everything then goes off at about 20 to 25 minutes. I then heard the oven click, thermostat??? And everything worked again.
As the thermostat is needed for the grill as well I checked that as well & all looked fine until I put some food under it & then it burnt it in minutes despite being only set to cool & the food being half way down the oven.
The more I check, the more it looks like the thermostat, but I just do not understand why the oven light goes off if it's the thermostat.

Sponsored Links
Yes the fan is working. Everything appears to be working normally until, everything switches off.
Having done the tests this afternoon, I now think grill & oven appear to be over heating, or at least running much hotter than they were & it's when things get too hot, that it all switches off.

Well it looks to have been fixed. I replaced the thermostat this morning & gave it a good test & it all seems to be working as it should. Thanks for the suggestions & help. It all helped me to get it worked out in my mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back