Cooker Wire Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to extend the wire from the cooker control switch to the cooker as I am relocating my cooker. I can't just put a new wire from the cooker control switch as this would mean me destroying more wall than I wish to.Can any one suggest some kind of flex connector that I use to join wires, put in the wall, and then plaster and re tile over :?: (I won't ever need access to this join again)

Sponsored Links
you will HAVE to run a new cable from cooker to its switch / connection unit.

CM2177.jpg

Could use one of these, then connect new cooker cable, but depends on new cooker location (distance)

To leave the existing isolator where it is will mean that it will have to be within 2m of the new cooker position. If this distance is exceeded, you will have to move the isolator.

You cannot just plaster and tile over electrical joints: they always need to be accessible in case of a future problem.

The cooker connector box il describes is ideal because you can access the terminations, but of course the new position will have to be within 2m of the isolator.

Sponsored Links
and you know why ?

cos you had no input :LOL:

ner ner ne nerr nerrrr......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back