Copper pipe outside constantly dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have noticed a copper pipe dripping on the outside wall, un fortunately I don't know what this pipe is as I do not have a water tank in the loft, can anyone help with any ideas, the chalet style house is approx. 5 years old, thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it from the Combi Boiler?, ours has a condensate drain and also a copper pipe (possibly from pressure relief vave?).

what is the pressure guage showing on your boiler ? when it is dripping if it is near 3 Bar you have an expansion problem which needs investigating, or you have a filling loop valve passing

It’s not the pipe from the combi boiler, (I know where that one is, we had low pressure once, and the plumber showed me what to look for regarding the leaking pipe, and also how to top the pressure up) this pipe is the other side of the house to the boiler pipe, I believe it must be some kind of overflow pipe, but without a tank I don’t know what.
Today I don’t know if it’s related but the radiators were on when the sun was out

Sponsored Links
Any old style toilets with an overflow connected? - I know some of these to have been done in copper.

yes Martyndc88, it does have a hot water cylinder, and here's a picture IMG_20190831_182357.jpg, it also has a little guard around the bottom, so could that have anything to do with hot water?

Probably the pressure and te,perature releif pipe from your unvented cylinder, when was it last serviced ?

+1 .... it sure looks like the outflow from a tundish so could be either the T&P blow off as ian mentions and/or the PRV on the combi valve for the unvented as they are often piped together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back